Tuesday, November 26, 2019

The Army developed A.I. to help robots understand context


The Army developed A.I. to help robots understand context

A group of scientists have helped the U.S. Army develop artificial intelligence that will enable its robots understand context. The robot needs to understand environmental context, social context, and mission context so it can successfully work alongside human soldiers and this A.I. system will make that possible.
“The idea of integrating context to A.I. development is a difficult process,” Schaefer-Lay said. “Researchers tend to have very different ideas about what is meant by context and the best practices for integrating context into A.I. development.”
Schaefer-Lay explained that this development advances natural language communication, world model development, multi-modal communication and human-autonomy teaming in the field of robotics.

No comments:

Post a Comment